an Integrated Development Environment for Liberty BASIC Programmers
Aiding Liberty BASIC Programmers since July, 2000!
Liberty BASIC WORKSHOP -- version 4.9.5 (Unsupported Freeware)
Does not work reliably on versions of Windows later than Windows XP. Use at your own risk.
January 25, 2007, Dr. File Finder Picks LBW! He also selects it as one of his favorites! "I like it so much that it's not only a Pick, but I'm also going to make it one of my Dr. File Finder Favorites! and in 25 years of looking at software there aren't very many of those."
Released as Freeware: October 23, 2013
Release Date: November 23, 2010
See what's new in this version.
Liberty BASIC Workshop is a complete integrated development environment for programming in Liberty BASIC. Liberty BASIC Workshop is now unsupported by the developer and is released as freeware. It does not work reliably on versions of Windows later than Windows XP.
- Multiple file creation and editing.
- Allows creation of multi-module projects via an 'include' directive.
- Open files, or preview in Code Explorer.
- Optional extended syntax coloring, which is fully customizable by the user!
- Allows user to create custom keyword list.
- Allows user to specify custom comments to be inserted as desired, or optionally added to new code windows.
- Includes optional prompt for comments when closing file.
- Optional line numbers in left margin.
- Optional indentation guides.
- Ability to split editing window into two panes.
- Ability to zoom size of text in editing windows at the touch of a button.
- Block indent/outdent.
- Block comment/un-comment of code.
- Tabbing in edit windows, includes option to set tab size.
- Optional auto-indent in editor, indents loops, if-blocks, subs and functions. Adds closings automatically: "end if" to "if" blocks, "wend" to "while" loops, etc.
- Optional highlight of current line.
- Code lines may be bookmarked.
- Bookmark directive auto-sets bookmarks.
- Includes a tool to list all variables.
- Online syntax help is available. Just type a keyword (or highlight a keyword) and press F4 to pop up a syntax help box.
- Syntax Viewer that allows you to scroll through a list of all LB commands and functions to find what you need.
- Quick keyword insertion... just press F2 and scroll through the choices.
- 'Goto Line' tool.
- View or hide toolbars.
- File insertion capabilities.
- Statusbar provides pertinent messages plus NUM-LOCK, CAPS-LOCK and INS status.
- Allows a user-defined helpfile to be run from the help menu.
- User-defined hot button on toolbar. You can designate up to 10 external applications to run.
- Accepts drag/drop files.
- Run, Tokenize and Debug Liberty BASIC Code.
- Recent files menu.
- Run MS applications from within LB Workshop.
- Snippet library.
- Gui builder/code generator with snap-to grid.
- Gui controls are actual controls, not graphic representations, so you will see them exactly as they will appear in your program. Click to add a control at the mouse location, or click and drag to draw the control.
- Gui builder allows choice of options such as tooltips, statusbar and timer to be added to generated code. Also includes a menu editor.
- Gui builder contains a statusbar editor that allows you to specify text and add panels.
- Visible grid can be turned on or off.
- Controls can be locked into place.
- Code for GUI can be created for GUI alone, or as code plus outline with stubs for event handlers.
- Supports API controls, including statusbar, tooltips, trackbar (slider), tabstrip, listview and treeview, with full code for creation and management of these controls.
Tools and Wizards
Liberty BASIC Workshop is unsupported freeware. Liberty BASIC Workshop is copyrighted by Alyce Watson. You may not redistribute these files.
Liberty BASIC Workshop is presented "as is" with no warantee as to its acceptability or performance on any system. The author of Liberty BASIC Workshop accepts no responsibility for any errors that may occur from the use of this application.